Monday, December 24, 2007

Staying occupado


It's been nearly 4 weeks since Sterling. It's been nearly 4 weeks since I stopped riding and started kicking back with some good Belgian beer. Here is the extent of my physical activity of the past weeks, with descriptions:
- Finger power cleans (Opening beer with bottle opener)
- Thumb press (Opening beer that has a cork)
- Typing
- Thinking about biking
- Getting coffee

I've also picked up XC skiing. I couldn't take the easier route and try classical skiing...noooo. Instead, I opted to learn how to skate ski. And you know what? It's HARD. H-A-R-D. There's no faking on skate skis. If you don't know what you're doing, you don't go anywhere but face down in the snow.

And it hurts. Not the "good hurt" with glowing legs. This is a full body kind of hurt. Legs, abs, arms, fingers. Nothing is spared, and I love it.

No comments: