Sunday, December 9, 2007

Adios cross season. Hola Belgian ale.

Well, I was registered to race down in RI the past weekend. Guess what? I didn't. After racing at Sterling, the season had lost its fun and my motivation had disappeared. After the race two weeks ago, I hung my muddied bike on the work stand and shut the light off. Yesterday was the first time I had stolen a glimpse of it in two weeks. It was a great season though. Met some really cool people and had a blast on and off the bike while at the races.

A quick summary of the cross season:
It started slow. Amesbury was an eye opener for me, after making the leap to the 3s. Getting lapped by Jeremy Powers in the P/1/2/3 was pretty awesome too. Really. The Maine weekend was brutal due to the heat and some back issues I had. Gloucester was fun, except for starting so far back. Returning to Canton, where it all began for me, was a sweet experience. At that point my season started to improve through New Jersey. Plymouth showed me where I stood among my fellow 3s. Sterling was a great race for me, despite my not having any fun.

Now it's time to kick back, drink some Duvel and Chemay, watch cyclocross races on a 1-year tape delay, and reflect on my entire 2007 campaign. I'm sure that will be the subject of some sappy post in the near future.

Until then...Cheers!

No comments: